> Overall it does 'feel tidier' to have a simple set of content pages
> rather than many arbitrary 'data pages', but I'm just looking for a
> way to quantify it. (After all, users are likely to stick to content
> pages if that is where your site design keeps them).

Our arguments for using subobjects (presently SIOs) are:
* there is not semantic forms support
* raw editing of a case where a pest occurs on 10 hosts in some of 100
countries, resulting in perhaps 300 pest-host-country tupels would be
impossible with separate pages.
* mediawiki has no distinction between content pages and data pages
(one could use a new ns though)

Raw wikitext editing is a value in itself. Support in Semantic forms
for data pages would enable using this method at all. But the reverse
question would be: Is there an advantage to put things that have no
true identifier and no independent existence on arbitrarily created
mediawiki pages?

Gregor