Hi,

On 19 July 2012 22:20, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One case I had lately was a function that just disappeared from the
>> codebase (SMW_QueryPrinter.php::getValidatorParameters).
>
> Looks like that's my fault - that function is now obsolete. I can add it
> back in if that really helps you. Probably removed it figuring no one was
> using it anyway. Would have spotted this was not the case if I had your
> extension checked out - one more point for my proposal :)

No need to have it back, found another solution.

>> I admit, I am always a bit suspicious of "package deals". I would
>> rather decide myself, which extensions I need.
>
> Having it in one repo would not force you in any way to use any of the
> extensions in there. Initially I suggest only having SMW on by default, and
> only adding other to the list of "default on" if there is no controversy
> over it.

Having to sift through all the extensions downloded with the package
and now cluttering my extensions dir is already to much for me. But as
I said, this is my personal pet peeve. Others may not have that
problem.

Hmm, would it be possible to have a combined approach where extensions
are still maintained in separate repos and are pulled into a combined
repo regularly? This would still not allow to transfer code between
extensions, but it should allow creating lists of changes on several
extensions and it would leave the user with the choice to pull
extensions separately or combined in a package.

Cheers,
Stephan