Hi!

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Yaron Koren <ya...@wikiworks.com> wrote:

> Hi Yury,
>
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 1:32 AM, Yury Katkov <katkov.ju...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Yaron!
>>
>> I think that for SiteSettings this patch could make sense although I'm
>> strongly against such interdependencies between extensions (after trying to
>> contribute to PageSchemas)
>>

> Could you expand on that?

It's just a lot harder to contribute the code when there is such a
dependency. In order to contribute the code I have to make changes not in
one extension but in two or three. This can create inconsistency, like the
one we can see now in Page Schemas: there are some features that are
presented in PS but the code in SF still doesn't have support for them,
because the changes haven't been accepted.

I understand that you've had in mind the following scenario: there is Page
Schemas and everyone can register their own extension in it. It didn't work
well in the Page Schemas case but it can in principle work in case of Site
Settings since it's not SMW-specific.