Hi Yaron,
Definitely SiteSettings is useful for a wikifarm, so is the interwiki table. To get named-value simplicity (for admins), adding a LONGTEXT column (or LONG VARCHAR) to the interwiki table and then extracting named values via canned mysql achieves similar goals

mysql> describe interwiki;
+-----------+---------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field     | Type          | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------+---------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| iw_prefix | varbinary(32) | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| iw_url    | blob          | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| iw_api    | blob          | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| iw_wikiid | varbinary(64) | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| iw_local  | tinyint(1)    | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| iw_trans  | tinyint(4)    | NO   |     | 0       |       |

SELECT
) as 'setting'
FROM interwiki WHERE 'iw_url'='localhost';

Anyway I much like all three extensions, and welcome tight integration among them all, despite dev headaches that may occur.
Thanks for your terrific contributions/john