Hi Jeroen,

Unfortunately, there isn't yet a public example of an extension that hooks
into Site Settings - if this potential code gets into SMW, SMW could become
the first. But the basic idea is that the class would contain various
static methods, each of which was called by a different Site Settings hook,
that mainly did the following: added HTML for new fields to the
Special:SiteSettings form, saved information from those fields to the
database, and loaded information from the database into SMW's global
variables. The latter two would be done by calling the Site Settings API,
for what it's worth - there would be no direct database calls.

By the way, the only SMW global variable that I'm currently planning to
handle in this code is $smwgShowFactbox - but there's always the potential
for adding additional settings.

-Yaron