On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 15:27, Adrian A. <a.adrian.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many mail servers run headless in a lights out datacenter.
>> The probability that I'd ever be able to use a Swing-James-Admin UI is
>> very very small.
>
> Not quite :).
>
> Also even if the server is headless, it can handle Swing and AWT, Java2D:
> everything. E.g. for tomcat, you need the:
> java.awt.headless=true
> property for it.

I know. Yet, I'll never gonna be trying.

> The Swing Client runs on the client with JNLP - Just like any browser.

I'd never be touching this client. I'd very much prefer a web GUI.
Even if this Swing app would play vintage vinyl jazz records for me, I
wouldn't care. - Ok, maybe *then* I would. I would listen to it, but
use the web GUI for administration instead.

>> And I think you're not right saying that every Java comes with Swing, BTW.
> Every Java required to run JAMES also has Swing.

But this is not necessarily true in the future.

  Bernd