Gaurav Handa wrote:
The problem is specific to only one server. And after I've increased the JVM
heap size on this server, the frequency of shutdown has decreased from
'thrice a day' to 'once in 2 days' (a drastic improvement).

Are the servers configurations identical?
Operative System / Hardware / Java virtual machine / James Configuration

Is the mail traffic of the server similar? (same type of messages, medium size, etc).

We can't exclude VM problems: try to upgrade you jvm to the latest one. (You are using an OLD 1.4.2_08). Try the 1.4.2_11 or the 5.0 Update 6.

Stefano