Joe,

I admire your tenacity ;-)

Making progress!
I pulled in the perts from your config.xml that looked like thety applied
to bayesian analysis.  Now Im seeing numeric values.  However,
the X-MessageIsSpam tag is missing from ALL messages.
I do see all the values in the
tag, including this snippet..  Does this value look like its
supposed to?  So where did the X-MessageIsSpam tag go to?

That looks promising.

The X-MessageIsSpamProbability looks reasonable. It is basically saying that this message is *definitely NOT* spam! It is a very very small probability.

The reason you didn't see the X-MessageIsSpam tag is because the message wasn't spam (according to the filter). The lines that control this in the config.xml file are: -

<mailet match="CompareNumericHeaderValue=X-MessageIsSpamProbability > 0.50" class="SetMimeHeader" onMatchException="noMatch">
         <name>X-MessageIsSpam</name>
         <value>true</value>
      </mailet>

Which basically says if the value of X-MessageIsSpamProbability > 0.5 then set the header called X-MessageIsSpam to the value of 'true'... and since it wasn't... it didn't!

So... it looks like you are ready to go unless of course you start getting Nans again when you start sending it ham or spam. You don't actually need the X-MessageIsSpam header for it to work. It is just a convenient header that you can use in your email client's filters if you like.

If it is working now it would seem you had some sort of error or mis-configuration in your config.xml file. Why not try viewing the config.xml file in Firefox... it will complain if it isn't well-formed XML.

Actually on a probably unrelated note: I was playing around with the SAX parser recently and was surprised how easily it could quietly break if you fed it an XML file which stated it was UTF-8 but someone (my wife actually!) had edited with MS Notepad. The parser quietly stopped parsing as soon as it got to an accented character. You don't have any of those in your file do you?

Regards,
David Legg