On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:39:27 GMT, Jakob Cornell <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> This will fix a few issues with the tests added in #5290:
>
> - [ ] intermittent failures
> - [x] tests should use `failure` method to report problems rather than
> throwing `AssertionError`

Dan did reproduce the "Unexpected Output" failure on linux. I'm trying to
reproduce now, including linux, windows, and macosx. I want to first get a
better idea of how frequently it reproduces. Keep in mind that there were extra
VM flags applied on all the runs that failed. Try running with the following:

`-Xcomp -XX:+CreateCoredumpOnCrash -ea -esa -XX:CompileThreshold=100
-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -server -XX:+TieredCompilation
-XX:-DoEscapeAnalysis`

Most of these are probably unnecessary or aren't even impacting how VM is run
(ie -Xcomp probably makes -XX:CompileThreshold=100 not do anything). If
anything, -Xcomp might be making a difference.