On 2/11/2021 11:07 am, Jakob Cornell wrote:
On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:39:27 GMT, Jakob Cornell <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

This will fix a few issues with the tests added in #5290:

- [x] intermittent failures
- [x] tests should use `failure` method to report problems rather than throwing
`AssertionError`

That certainly does make sense, although it makes me wonder how this ever
passed in the first place.  Maybe there's a bug somewhere in the JDB output
processing code that made the failure intermittent.  In any case, it should be
resolved now.  Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on investigation and
debugging here.

I did have another question related to these tests.  I used a record class in
the implementation of the `list003` test and I since learned that that's a
preview feature.  Should I rework the test to avoid using record classes in
case the feature is dropped later?

Records were a preview feature in JDK 14 and 15, but are a full feature since JDK 16.