On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 04:39:27 GMT, Jakob Cornell <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> This will fix a few issues with the tests added in #5290:
>
> - [ ] intermittent failures
> - [x] tests should use `failure` method to report problems rather than
> throwing `AssertionError`

I did 20 runs each on linux, mac, and windows. I got 4 "Unexpected output"
failures, 3 on mac and 1 on windows. I applied the fix to use `failure()`, and
it seems this failure is also due to the `2 2 up` command not working right:

Sending command: repeat on
reply[0]: main[1]
Sending command: repeat
reply[0]: Repeat is on
reply[1]: main[1]
Sending command: print 0
reply[0]:  0 = 0
reply[1]: main[1]
Sending command:
reply[0]: main[1]
Sending command: 2 2 up
reply[0]: End of stack.
reply[1]: main[1]
# ERROR: Unexpected output
The following stacktrace is for failure analysis.
nsk.share.TestFailure: Unexpected output
        at nsk.share.Log.logExceptionForFailureAnalysis(Log.java:432)
        at nsk.share.Log.complain(Log.java:403)
        at nsk.share.jdb.JdbTest.failure(JdbTest.java:74)
        at
nsk.jdb.repeat.repeat001.repeat001.runCasesNoCleanup(repeat001.java:142)
        at nsk.jdb.repeat.repeat001.repeat001.runCases(repeat001.java:87)
        at nsk.share.jdb.JdbTest.runTest(JdbTest.java:149)
        at nsk.jdb.repeat.repeat001.repeat001.run(repeat001.java:77)
        at nsk.jdb.repeat.repeat001.repeat001.main(repeat001.java:71)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:104)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:577)
        at
com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.MainWrapper$MainThread.run(MainWrapper.java:127)
Sending command:
reply[0]: End of stack.
reply[1]: main[1] End of stack.
reply[2]: main[1] End of stack.
reply[3]: main[1] End of stack.
reply[4]: main[1]
# ERROR: Repeated command didn't repeat correctly