Ahhh, the famed "Daytona 4" comes to mind...

A one-off, if memory serves, that was called "4" due to the following:

- 4 wheel drive (AWD)
- 4 cyllinders
- 4 valves per cyllinder (DOHC)

Also to the best of my recollection, this car was at some point sent
into the crusher, which I know is making G-body fans on this list
shudder as they read this and remember.

Anyways, the trans housing and diffs were hodgepodged and since then
nothing has been compatible with the G-body as far as AWD drivetrains
go. About the only safe bet is a RWD conversion, for which Mopar
themselves used to sell conversion K-members for the front, and you
could run Jeep rear axles (solid live axle) in the rear. Ever notice
that the place where your downpipe sits looks remarkably accommodating
for a bellhousing? The IROC series G-bodies were indeed RWD conversions.

BUT...

We have tossed around the notion of using the AWD minivan system for
years now, and it always comes back to the same problem that it doesn't,
as you so point out, hook up to the 2.2/2.5 series of engines, which
forces you to do one of two things:

- Either somehow tackle the task of making a minivan V6 work in a G-body
(G-body *does* have a rather large engine bay, so who knows?)

Or

- cut and weld on a compatible bellhousing rim (a la A520, A525, A555,
or A568) and fiddle with modifying the ouput shaft as needed to make it
mate to a 2.2/2.5 (recommended)

Even then, you will likely need a custom driveshaft made for the
differences in length between a G-body and a minivan. But that should be
doable too, with the right measurements. Then finally are the rear
axles, which I would think you would have to first figure out the IRS
setup (since I imagine the minivan has something like that) before you
run the axles back there, and then also there's the rear brake setup to
consider, but again, if you are clever and weld up brackets, you should
be able to mount the minivan's rear braking hardware. Hopefully the
minivan has rear discs.

But this has been tossed around on this list for years now, and
honestly, nobody has done it, so it's all speculation.

-J   Southern California Forced Induction
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo II
1986 Chrysler Laser XE Turbo
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
1991 Mitsu Eclispe GSX Turbo(for sale)
1990 VW Corrado G60 Supercharged (maybe SOLD)
1984 Nissan 200SX Turbo
1985 Nissan 200SX Turbo
1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo