Well think about what happens down the road when you need to replace those
joints.  How frustrating will it be for you or whomever is having to break the
hardware loose having to change between metric and SAE tooling?  Let alone when
you remove the transaxle or drivetrain for service.  All of the other bolts and
nuts on the car are metric, yet the shift linkage isn't?

The rod ends were a little harder to find (Midwest control, BTW had a great
deal on them) but the rest of the hardware is as easy to find as your local
hardware store.  The exclusion is the special rod end washers (I've not found a
source for those outside of Pegasus racing yet) so I used brass female pipe
adapters cut in half and turned a little to provide enough room for the ends to
pivot properly capped off with a standard washer they provided the necessary
protection from completely losing the rod end if should fail.

One of the differences between the NA and Turbo linkage is on the turbo one of
the rods is bent to clear the turbo downpipe.  Also the pivot for the side to
side movement is slightly different length on one of the arms.

If you're using a Hurst shifter with the 5-speed you need to build an adapter
bushing for the bottom of the shifter and extend the arm coming off the top of
the main shift tube by about 3/8" of an inch otherwise you won't have enough
movement to get all 6 gears properly.  Make sure to put the factory weights
back on the arm when you weld it up as it helps with the feel of the shfiting.

TTYL,
Stefan

From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>