Just curious why you'd recommend buying all metric hardware.  I had a hard
time finding heim joints in general, it took a bit of searching to find the
metric male joint.  The SAE joints were easier to find and in the end you're
just cutting threads on the rods for the 4 female joints, I don't see how it
is an advantage to get the metrics for those, I did see a benefit on getting
the male end because it saved having to drill and tap the rod end.
Your article was well written, I used it as a guide for my conversion.  It is
definitely a modification that was well worth the time and effort.  I did mine
when I had the head off my car, which made things much easier.

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I wrote that article (though I don't remember giving turbo-mopar.com rights to
post it there, at least boostedmopar.com asked first) So personally, after
doing a half-dozen conversions, I would recommend just buying all metric
hardware (makes it easier to service and its not much more than SAE parts)  In
fact after the first one I did, I bought supplies in metric from there on out
just to make life easier on the service side of things.

I have some pictures of the 520/555 conversion brackets that I designed (as
well as the CAD drawings for them)  I'll try to get around to putting them up
on my site someday soon.

Best Regards,
Stefan Mullikin

From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>