Imām `Alī Zaīnul `Ābidīn, the great-grandson of the  Prophet, writes: “It is
the right of the non-Muslims living in a Muslim  country that you should accept
what Allāh has  accepted from them and fulfill the responsibilities  which
Allāh has accorded them… And there must be  a barrier keeping you from doing
any injustice to  them, from depriving them of the protection of Allāh,  and
from flaunting the commitments of Allāh and His Messenger concerning them.
Because we have been  told that the Holy Prophet said, ‘Whosoever does
injustice to a protected non-Muslim, I will be his  enemy (on the Day of
Judgement).’” Imām `Alī Zaīnul `Ābidīn, Risālatul Huqūq, tr. SSA Rizvi
(Vancouver: VIEF, 1989)  p.36