Dave:

Your explanation sounds reasonable to me. I will have to have a look at that
article. I haven't read the Part III book yet.

My whole purpose of this question is this. If a company can make an at the legal
limit COR club that can withstand a 130 mph swing speed, and the COR varies only
a small amount with swing speed, then the COR for an 80 mph swing is pretty well
the same as at that legal limit for that given club. So you get this club tested
out by the USGA and confirm it is legal. Then you make a thinner faced club that
deflects even more but is only good for low swing speeds, otherwise it breaks.
This would suggest that the COR of that club is higher than the legal limit
club. But you don't have to get this low swing speed club tested by the USGA.

Make any sense??

Max...