Harry

   I only use those stated mfg. lie angles as a stating point. When actually measured they are usually off by one or two degrees. During my fitting process I have golfers hit a 5 iron and adjust that to a perfect lie for them and use that length, lie and SW I have chosen as a template for the set. When the customer picks up the clubs they must then hit the full set for lie and loft and then are bent to the specs that get perfect lie angles and loft angles that produce the perfect yardage increments between clubs for that particular client and set makeup.

  FWIW

    Charlie B