Harry

 What I found working with the pros as well as a lot of single digit handicappers is there is no norm. I have seen the 6 iron come out flatter than the 5. That is why as Tflan suggests that empirical testing is the best. I too bend before assembly as the final length is truer for the individual. As far as not worrying about the hacker because they can't feel a couple of degrees, I am a firm believer that proper specs are as if not more important for them because they unlike an accomplished golfer do not have the ability to adjust their swings to the equipment. Besides, that is what they are paying me do, make the clubs to fit their swing, good or bad.

       Charlie