Geez TFlan, take the advice you gave me when I started getting triple posts sent to me. Just ignore it and consider yourown self lucky. I just finished deleting a hundred or so messages so I could read about your problem.

GZach
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of tflan
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 1:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Computer, not golf

Yeah, maybe so, but it pisses me off that I can't get rid of it. Every part of the thing, whatever the hell it is, is gone from the computer. I was on drugstore.com site a couple days ago and the screen flickered, and a warning came up. "Danger" or something like that. I didn't pay much attention to it until I got off line. Then I see a shortcut to some friggin' porno site on my screen, and another thing on the tool bar. I clicked on the toolbar thing and the modem went into action. I shut the computer down instantly and rebooted. I dragged the shortcut to the wastebasket and went to msconfig/startup. There, on the startup menu was this .exe file. I unchecked it and started a folder search. Found one called "dial up" or something like that. Deleted it. Rebooted. Did another search for any combination of words in the startup menu. Couldn't find another instance of it, but its still on the startup page. I realize it can't run since everything assoctiated with it has been deleted, but it still pisses me off.

This "thing" got on my machine in less than a couple of seconds. It isn't a virus. Norton's latest updates scanned the computer and found nothing. I don't know what a "trojan" is - a virus, I suppose, but this .exe file sure got on my machine in a big hurry.

TFlan