Hi Dave

Without the expensive equipment, we may need to FLO steel shafts to
ensure we get the true plane.  I was hoping this wasn't necessary,
as I find FLOing steel shafts to be so bloody time consuming, sigh.

I watch tour players execute near flawless shots, and that of my son
hitting 5 iron shots to a tight circle.  Why then is that possible,
given our current alignment methods and flawed assembly techniques
(lacks precision)?  Could many steel shafts (Apollo excluded from my
experience) demonstrate good FLO on the residual bend N plane?

I'm intrigued with steel shafts as this is what the majority of
people use in their irons and wedges (scoring clubs).  Published
research on steel shaft alignment and its effect is scarce to non-
existant.  Majority of the testing evaluates graphite.  Has anyone
on this forum worked with tour players and build / evaluated the
following two clubs with steel shafts:
>  1st club ... N to target with poor FLO    (large residual bend)
>  2nd club ... N to target with great FLO   (little residual bend)
Further research into steel shafts could determine the effect of S
at Noon, and 10:30 - 4:30 or 1:30 - 7:30 for comparative purposes.

Dave, maybe your clubs with steel shafts exhibit little residual
bend and are superior to just random orientation.  If you believe
now that your clubs are all wrong, then after your next few rounds,
let us know if your score balloons ... ha, ha.

Thanks Harry S
www.Golf54.com