Very interesting! I was looking at a similar setup a couple of years
back to see if I could find a relationship between shaft butt torque and
tip displacement. I used a three bearing spine finder I rigged up at
home. There were two bearing about 6" apart at the butt. A small bearing
at the tip was used to get shaft deflection without inhibiting rotation
of the shaft.

I measured torque produced at the butt for a given tip deflection using
a 400 gram scale. I clamped an arm about a foot long near the shaft
butt. The tip of the arm was bent to a right angle and contacted the pan
of the scale. After zeroing the scale to cancel out the weight of the
arm I pulled the tip downward several inches. The torque produced by the
arm on the scale was very small. I don't remember the exact number but I
was surprised because when keeping the butt from rotating with my
fingers led to expect a lot larger number. My thought was that such a
small torque would cause much less than a degree of clubhead rotation
for shafts having only 3 or 4 degrees manufactures rating.

My next thought was that maybe I had looked at this from the wrong end.
The action is most likely reversible even though the mechanical
advantage is low. What would happen if I would torque the butt of the
club while keeping the tip from rotating but allowing it to deflect?
This might be one of the causes of variations in impact location on the
clubhead face.

Never have figured out an easy way to make the measurement.
LOL
DeanS