Secondary to you Lloyd but primary to me or just as important. I have put
the same shaft in different  heads  and ball flight was altered. To me (but
I may be wrong) frequency is not an end in itself especially if you only
measure butt frequency. Frequency is also affected by weight so at this
point I am in favour of deflection rather than frequency. And since 90% of
the golfing population hit the fade side of the target I  am strongly in
favour of closed face clubheads.If your customers select the right frequency
for them and end up with a straight face or open face club you've only
solved 1/2 the equation.
Andre