Andre

I would like to comment on a couple of your statements, see below ***.

llhack

*** Butt frequency reflects the response of the shaft in getting back to
straight and square in the first frequency mode. The shaft is loaded as a
pure cantilever beam which activates only the first frequency mode of the
shaft. Now upon impact higher frequency modes may be activated but have no
affect on hitting or propelling the ball. What you are doing in measuring
frequency at other points along the shaft is trying to replicate those
higher frequency modes which are not important until after ball impact. The
higher frequency mode may affect feel after impact but that is all.

 Frequency is also affected by weight so at this
> point I am in favour of deflection rather than frequency.

***The frequency I refer to is for the finished club, so weight is
included. Changing the weight will change the frequency there is no doubt.

And since 90% of
> the golfing population hit the fade side of the target I  am strongly in
> favour of closed face clubheads.If your customers select the right
frequency
> for them and end up with a straight face or open face club you've only
> solved 1/2 the equation.

*** I can still select a hooked faced club if necessary but a straight
faced club is the best if you can get the club head back to straight and
square with the proper shaft for the player.