Tom

If you are interested in what happens to the club after impact Profiling
might help. Butt clamped frequencies describe the first mode of vibration
for the cantilever beam which is the way the golf club reacts up to impact.
Having said that the 5" clamp length currently used by most club makers as
a standard is not necessarily the correct length to be used. My feeling is
that a variable Butt clamp length would be more exact as a function of the
individuals hand size and grip length but 5" is what we use now.

I did have an opportunity to check out the FitChip System  against Tom
Stites's Iron Byron. Tom is now Nike's chief club designer but was
associated with Nicholas and other OEM's at the time. Using the same swing
setup on the Iron Byron throughout the test, when we put the FitChip
recommended shaft in the Iron Byron we got 10% more yardage and corrected a
slight hook. We then personally tested Tom Stites and got a number for him.
Once we got his number, he related to me that he had been trying various
club frequencies for a year to find out what he needed, and the number we
got is what he had settled on. He recommended that Nicholas Golf use the
system but the OEM's can not figure how to work shaft customization into
their production system's.

llhack