To: <ShopTalk@mail.msen.com>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Epoxy

Well o.k. You own your foundries. You build your heads
in them. You are the person there on the spot. O.K.
I'm with ya there. Good. I'm guessing that KZ is the
only mfr in the world, other than the early Callaway
stuff that was built in Arizona by Ruger, or the heads
forged at Smith & Wesson's forges in Springfield, Mass
(I was there and saw it in action). Good for you.

As for buying your stuff . . . I tried to do that very
thing when I was in biz in So CA. Every single person
at KZ was nothing more than a giant pain where the sun
don't shine. EVERY ONE. You build a fine product and
maybe your staff has been educated in customer
relations, but my experience with KZ was nothing less
than an embarrassment. If my people had treated my
customers the way your people treated me, I'd have
been out of business early on. I was there when you
were starting up and I tried to do business with you.
Sadly it never happened.

Epoxy? Thanks for the info and I will follow up on it.
Doing biz with KZ? Based upon my limited early
experience? Nope?

Thanks again.

TFlan
--- Robert Devino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tom  like I said 3M DP810 or  DP820 would be great
for you you can buy it in 1.7 oz dual tube
dispensers for $15 to $20.

I don't know where you get your info about KZG not
making thier own product.  I am the lead builder
here and we build a good number of sets each day.
We design our heads ourselves and we are the only
ones that do a double forgeing as far as I know and
only ourselves and Muire are still done in foundries
in Japan not China. We have shafts that are designed
by Kim Braley the designer of the rifle shafts
called BTR (Better Through Research) and they play
very similarly to a Rifle Project X. These shafts
are made on a machine that was manufactured just to
make this shaft. Which you can't really get a real
"Project X" any more since Callaway bought the
rights to the name. It frequencies so consistantly I
can take an original freuency dry fitting with the
head I am using and calculate my tipping to almost
an exact frequency desired.  We don't do tipping
instructions here anymore since I took over and
every club in every set we make is +/- 1 frequency
of its
 desired slope. By the way I can use this one shaft
to get anywhere from a 4.0 to a 6.5 on the rifle
chart  no need to carry a whole bunch of different
flexes.  We also have other shafts that are made
exclusively for us.

So we have heads that we design and to be honest we
have had to send threatening letters to companies
like Titliest and others for making direct copies of
our product, and we have shafts that no one else can
get. Do we make our own glue?  Ugh no, and I never
said we did, oh yeah we don't make our own ferules
either.

So if any of you guys want to get access to the best
steel shaft made right now you need to become a KZG
dealer!

Sincerely,
Robert Devino
14252 Delano St.