My own opinion is yes, floing *can* make a difference.  This is just my
observations, mostly with my own swing since I know it.  But I think the
difference is usually subtle and probably often nothing. If I am making clubs
for someone who truly cares about their game and can feel the difference
between good and not good clubs, I will do it.  Otherwise it's logo up or down,
baby.  :)

I have had some great results with what they like to call Type II shafts, where
there are two spines 180* apart and you usually find a great FLO 90* off that.
Put the FLO to the target and you've got a stable shaft in the impact zone.
Just my observation but backed up by others' as well.  I save those for my own
clubs.  :-)

-Don M