From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com [mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com] On
Behalf Of Robert Devino
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 1:08 PM
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: SST Pured

You know personally I spine all clubs I make unless asked for logo up or down.
When I was at Hotstix I personally Pured over 100 shafts.  Most of those shafts
were expensive graphite models for drivers and woods.  we had several customers
come back and ask us to spine and flow shafts that we had previously Pured.

So I know it's good practice to flow a shaft believe me.  But once you spine or
flow a shaft the USGA only allows that shaft to be placed in the club head one
way, with the spine facing the target right?  But isn't the optimal place to
place that spine more at let's say one a right handed club not at the 9:00
position but more like at the 10:30 position even though that's not allowed by
the USGA.  What makes me kinda laugh is that rule to begin with.  I mean how
would they check it other than to take the club apart and we all know that
won't happen.

Sincerely,
Robert Devino
14252 Delano St.