From: sig-policy-boun...@lists.apnic.net
[mailto:sig-policy-boun...@lists.apnic.net] On Behalf Of Izumi Okutani
Sent: Friday, 27 February 2015 2:48 PM
To: sig-policy@lists.apnic.net
Subject: Re: [sig-policy] [New Policy Proposal] prop-114: Modification in the
ASN eligibility criteria

Hi all,

I agree with the suggested approach from the chair.

Raphael's earlier post was really helpful in understanding the situation. Thank
you Raphael.

> I¹m having an offline discussion with Aftab, basically the issue he¹s
> trying to address is that new ISPs in small countries/cities may not
> meet the day 1 requirements for an ASN, but however should be eligible
> since they will require an ASN to peer/multihome at some point in the
> future (which I do agree)

I sympathize with this too.

I can see cases where an applicant plans to be multihomed but not multi-homed
at the time of the application.

May I clarify with APNIC hosmaster whether :

  a. It is a must for an applicant to be multihomed at the time of
     submitting the request

  b. If an applicant can demonstrate a plan to be multihomed in
     immediate future, it is not a must they are physically multihomed
     at the time of submitting a request

In case of JPNIC, it is b.

  - We approve the ASN assignments if an applicant can demonstrate the
    *plan* to be multihomed within three months.

I wonder taking approach b (accept a plan to be multihomed) addresses
the problem described by Raphael (and Aftab) ?

Regards,
Izumi