A friend and neighbour of mine with a little chai business
realchai.com.au/ has asked me to give some advice on a website/store
makeover.

Great chai BTW. She's currently using Shopify to host and handle the
sales. Not getting many sales now, but has big hopes of doing fancier
stuff like recurring billing etc.
For example, join a 'chai club' for monthly deliveries. Perhaps
embedded store integrated into Joomla, or perhaps Squarespace.

My previous experience is with eSellerate.net, but that's focussed on
desktop software afaict.

Other's being considered are:

http://www.foxycart.com/
http://www.fatfreecart.com/
http://www.volusion.com/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/
http://bigcartel.com/ (seems focussed on art stuff)

SO — the point is — I expected to find a handful of clear market
leaders, but that doesn't seem the case. Have I overlooked anyone
obvious?

Any great Australian startups/companies working in this area?

Many thanks,

Keith