Mick, Alan and co...

Have you considered bringing in Australian mentors who live in the
Valley as well? I imagine that would be a great benefit that founders
could draw from the programme, that they would get an immediate intro
to people in the US. It would also give those expats a reason to keep
up their connections with the Oz tech scene, which can't be a bad
thing.

Here in London, I've mentored at SeedCamp before, and I could see that
the mentors loved the whole experience -- exposure to enthusiastic
founders but also being able to catch up with other mentors, people
who you never meet as often as you should... if StartMate could do the
same in Australia it would really help the scene I'm sure.

Great idea btw, I'm really glad that you're doing it... stuff like
this makes me a little bit more included to come back to Australia
some time :-)

Brendan.