Hey Brendan, that is a key part of the program for sure. Ryan is the
only SF-based mentor but a key part of StartMate will be the 2 weeks
in the valley at the end and a bunch of Aussie startup people are keen
to help out already (Elias!) with a mix of "CouchCamp" (Aussies in the
valley offering accommodation to the startups) to introductions and
helping the Valley demo day come together.

Regarding the lack of a female mentor, that's primarily to do with my
weak network of female entrepreneur contacts (despite me having a
girl's name) and then once a number of original people had committed
to the program, I met with a limited number of friend of friends and
that was that. All names have been noted and they'll be reached out to
after we complete this initial wave of the program (so many people out
there have talked about this but it's just time to do something).

And then more broadly, SiliconBeach is an important community that in
some ways pushed the snowball down the hill, so if anyone has any
questions about what we hope to achieve with Startmate then ask away!