On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Matthew Griffiths <
matthew.griffi...@mail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> In terms of VC, we can almost count active funds on the fingers of one
> hand (a couple of clean tech IIF's, Starfish, etc.). This will almost
> double with the new IIF round - investing Q2/Q3 next year. It's still
> a very shallow pool. You could go abroad, but the success rate is
> extremely low - Atlassian is a clear outlier. If you're looking for
> less than $10m, you can basically forget about non Aussie funding
> (there are some great exceptions - but keep your expectations
> realistic).

Atlassian isn't the only example, Open Kernel Labs raised $7.6million from a
combination
of Australian and US investors:

http://www.ok-labs.com/releases/release/open-kernel-labs-attracts-76-million-in-venture-funding

Audinate raised $4m recently (albeit locally):

http://www.starfishvc.com/starfishnews.aspx?xcid=523

So it isn't impossible to get funding.

Cheers,

Ben