On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Sriram Panyam <sri.pan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> True true!  Where are hear android jobs matt?  I'm very curious
> myself.  What I am not sure is whether the shortage of django and
> android developers is due to actually the platform or whether it is
> due to many businesses looking for code monkeys for cheap?

I'm at a startup and we have an android tablet app we're building,
finding guys who can answer potentially gnarly questions is hard work.

> Really hope to be proven wrong about pays being low as I myself am
> looking at the moment.

Low pay doesn't seem to be a problem for people with the skills.  In
fact, the last few years consulting in Ruby/Rails land has been very
lucrative for me and all the rails devs I know.  No-one seems to be
wanting for cash.

The nature of startups have them looking for cheaper talent but my
time has shown me that it's a false economy.  Cheap talent costs more
in the long  run.  What you want is guys that can execute on delivery
without faffing about.  Expensive guys get *really* expensive when
they ignore the need to deliver.  It's a constant, difficult balancing
act.

Matta