Maybe it makes sense to ask all members first, what features do they want to have and will use, what implementation will they prefer?

It can be a simple questionnaire/voting using SurveyMonkey or GoogleDocs forms. I would be happy to construct the draft and open access to people who want to contribute.

--

Best regards,

Alexander Levashov

Custom web development business

www.altima.net.au

  • Pick one thing to build first, either a jobs board or a HN clone!
  • Get a team together
  • Build it over a weekend, open source the code / design on github.com
  • Allow any developer / designer to tweak or add the design or add new features over time.
  • Launch
  • Getting Silicon Beach to brainstorm is fantastic, but just get the core things up and running first, if it's something using Wordpress or Arc or a custom build, just get it done!

Whose going to step up?  I'll be at Silicon Beach on Friday, happy to lend any help I can.

By the way, there are about 3 or 4 Australian VPS providers that I know read this list.  I think that it'll probably need a smallish VPS of some kind.  Who wants to step up and give something back to the community for this endeavour?

Jonathan