Hello everyone,

I had somehow missed the "no lurking" rule and have been a silent member for a
couple of weeks :)

So let me correct that now. It may be a bit surprising, but I'm not from
Australia; I'm from Croatia and currently working at a small startup here
(www.shoutem.com).

I'm very interested in Australia and looking to move over there; I want to join
a startup so I looked up about Australian startups and startup scene, startup
jobs and opportunities. SiliconBeach came on top and looked cool so I joined
the mailing list to get a feel for what's going on there.

It's great to see the positive attitude and willingness to help; it's a bit sad
everyone's talking about moving to Silicon valley but it seems to be like that
all around the world (not that I'm entitled to complaining as I'm moving away
from Croatia too).

I hope I'll be able to meet some of you at future meet ups :)

Ivan