On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 04:38, Kim Heras <gee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 4. The idea that we should do our best to create the free flow of
> capital and resources between Australia and other startup hubs, in
> particular the Valley, is a valid one. Free flow as in 2-way. It's
> very 1-way at the moment but I know there are good people trying to
> change this.

The flow of people might be one way - and for very very good reason - but
the flow of support, input, encouragement and introductions from folks who
are here in the Valley back to AU entrepreneurs is amazing. I talk
to entrepreneurs from lots of other countries, and they frankly can't
believe how awesome our network is and how much they wish they could have
had such a soft landing. Sure, we're just doing what we can in our copious
free time, but just because the people are flowing to the US doesn't mean
the AU scene isn't getting anything helpful in return.