rene, spoofing va, wrote [on 4/27/2008 4:53 PM]:

nothing is like it seems to be.

This, like so many other declarative statements, is context-sensitive.

as Madhu M. Kurup mentioned, the golden rule:
 > --
 > Assume Goodwill.

Indeed. More on this below.

who missed the initial mail on this list while traveling on a nice slow bike-trip from Trivandrum to Bangalore - else I would have responded earlier. How can you know? You have to trust me. I'm telling you who I am, and thats (as far as I got the context) what Dinesh did, thats what Kavita did. The only way [1] to solve the problem is to trust my words [2]. But, apply the golden rule and assume goodwill, as far as you can.

Exactly. And "assume goodwill" has the implied but unstated codicil of "...in the absence of evidence to the contrary".

Which, I think, was the entire point of the thread about "Tea Beedi" - i.e., it was about intentions, more than actual actions. IMHO, of course.

Udhay, who will try to shut up on this topic now.