On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Madhu M. Kurup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmm:
>
>  ss wrote:
>

> > Also deceitful.
> >

>  For some strange reason (perhaps I'm just contrarian today), I feel that
> this has gone on a bit much. From http://silk.arachnis.com/,
>
>  --
>  Since then, a Rule Zero has emerged, in addition to the two above: Assume
> Goodwill.
>  --
>
>  Since tbd@ hasn't trolled or spammed here, I wonder why a certain amount of
> leeway isn't being provided. I can accept that email on the LinuxChix list
> was very weird as well as other trolling behavior at real life events, but
> AFAIK, that wasn't on silk, right? That should, in my opinion be taken
> offline.
>
>  I agree that sharing an email address is a uncomfortable feeling for me
> (toothbrush was a good analogy), but these are personal choices, so I find
> it a bit bothersome that there is so much negativity in this conversation.

I think the negativity is just a reflection of the fact that people
are uncomfortable with anonymity on Silk. I know I definitely am. For
me, silk has always been a place to have an extended conversation with
folks. I feel I know most of the regulars on the list -- even the ones
I have never met have established personalities that I'm now familiar
with. Having a conversation with someone who is actively hiding his
identity is difficult and strange.

tbd: I'm sure you have no malicious intent in using a shared email id,
but be aware that it's making me (and others) uncomfortable. If that
is _not_ your intent then I'd suggest that you move to an individual
id.

-- b