On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Gautam John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Thaths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> A similar situation seems to have worked out well in the oil rich
>> countries of the middle east.
> Too short a timeline, what?

It has been working for almost 40 years.

> And they, the middle east, have something that the rest of the world
> will turn a blind eye to to get. Not so sure about other countries.

I do not know if the valuableness of oil to other countries plays much
of a role in the powers that be from "ruling a large population of
resident aliens, but not granting them citizenship, nor much political
control" . The only half-hearted meek protestations I have heard from
countries dependent on middle east oil have been about devolution of
power to the natives. Nobody seems to care about power to the
immigrant population.

Thaths
--
Bart: We were just planning the father-son river rafting trip.
Homer: Hehe. You don't have a son.