--- On Sat, 15/11/08, Abhishek Hazra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Abhishek Hazra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [silk] When I Have The Time
> To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
> Date: Saturday, 15 November, 2008, 8:52 PM
> >>*   Write the definitive maritime history of India;
>
> interesting!
> what got you interested in this area: fascination with the
> Indian ocean
> trade routes?
> (subrahmanyam, ashin chaudhuri etc...)

Ashin Das Gupta (not Chaudhuri) was my tutor in College, as well as being the
History head. My guru parampara is Kuruvilla Zachariah->Sushobhan
Sircar->Amalesh Tripathi/Ashin Das Gupta.

However, my interest in maritime history is only partly based on Ashin's work.
Independently, I have been reading and exploring maritime history issues, and
have written about it in professional journals. I have come to form some
surprising hypotheses, and want to research things further to come to a
conclusion about these.