My first paper - an opinion piece, meaning it was very badly researched, and
has few or no references or foot-notes - comes out in the next issue of SIOS -
Journal of the Society for Indian Ocean Studies.

I may take up a series of ten articles for them: we are talking about the scope
and the direction of these, and should agree shortly.

Regarding archival material, I wasn't aware until recently how much has already
been written on the subject. It is a humongous amount of reading to do. As of
now, I have been reading secondary texts on the subject, and drawing
preliminary inferences from those.

To do this seriously, it needs an investment in a couple of hundred books (most
identified). Where do I get the money? More important, to bring this back on
topic, when do I get the time?

bonobashi