On Monday 24 Nov 2008 11:46:22 am Sumant Srivathsan wrote:
>  Of course all Brahmins are
> not greedy and manipulative,

Exactly. Thank you for showing a glimmer of understanding. Brahmins should not
all be lumped together as bigots. That is all I am trying to say. That is my
sole objection.

The fine points that you have written so eloquently  about make no difference
to the fact that all Brahmins cannot be held guilty.

Having said that i absolutely love the "no smoke without fire argument".
Muslims have a reputation for starting riots is one of the statements that I
am reminded of by the argument.

If we are going to talk about "proportions" i.e "What percentage of any group
display a certain characteristic" (That indicates smoke from some fire or
other) no statistics exist.

shiv