On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<sur...@hserus.net> wrote:
> Forget single. Get the gujjus out of mumbai and you'd probably have a better
> Mumbai than most (no wonder a creep like Modi is in power in Gujarat - they
> have a CM they deserve)

Assuming that you are not trolling, how is this statement of branding
the whole community any different than branding the Muslim community
as fomentors of terrorism. The Gujarathi community (like the Parsee
community) has been an integral part of Mumbai for several years.
Stripping them out of Mumbai would make it lose it's character (what
no dandiya ?). Mumbai would not be the same without the
entrepreneurial spirit of the Gujarathi.

> Mahatma Gandhi is a long forgotten concept there. Greed, hypocrisy, crude
> hatred etc etc - the entire state of Gujarat is a danger to modern India, as
> its people's minds have been indoctrinated to religious hatred.

The same can be said of the Congress as well. MG is only remembered
when naming roads in any city or putting up statues.

-- Vinayak
(Who loves Gujarathi food - undhiyu, thepla etc and realizes his
friends are muslim only due to awesome meat-based cuisine they have -
Find me one person who doesn't love biryani :)