On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:06, Zainab Bawa <bawazaina...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What you eat is both a cultural preference and a personal one.
> Vegetarianism, the way it is spoken of in various discourses and practices,
> is laden with overtones of morality. I find this problematic.

What is a healthy choice for one might be an ecological choice for
another, and an ethical or moral choice for yet another.  All these
individual/social choices are reflected in the discourses around
vegetarianism.  (It's not as though ecological horrors are not
highlighted to make room for the morality play that many construct out
of vegetarianism.)  Why is that problematic?