. wrote:
> she was "Male") mentioned, the contractor (given the job of voter ID
> cards) must be paid on volume basis as the officials printing and
> issuing the card on the spot refused to correct the errors when she
> pointed it out on the PC.  Maybe its time we used the RTI to find how
> the tax-payers money was being (mis)used.

The contractors either did not care about accuracy, or they were so
pressed for time that they turned a deaf ear. I would have put my foot
down if my gender was wrong in the system.

>From what I know, the contractors who did the EPIC in karnataka were the
same ones who were doing the ration cards. AFAIK, they were abruptly
pressed into service the last time the cards were made available
potentially causing temporary hires who were hired to make up for the
sudden drop in available manpower.

Venkat