> Don't forget the TV channels. All they want is a straw and they will
> sensationalize it. Reminds of a recent sighting on News 9, a Bangalore
> based local news channel. They were making a big hue and cry about a
> program that was going to be aired later that night that was based on
> the news that a woman was growing 'pot' in pots at home. The ad was
> sounding as if it was a gruesome mass murder.

Hey, you need ratings to get Nivea and Garnier to sell their skin lightening
products. Apparently no one believes the Western World when we say that
Indians are good looking the way they are. And we'd like to be darker. I've
been sunburned twice here already. It's unpleasant.

But to quote Perry Farrell from "Jane's Addiction," -- "The news is just
another show selling sex and violence...." -- "Ted, Just Admit It" from the
album "Nothing's Shocking"