Vinayak Hegde wrote:
> I think the electoral rolls were messed up for quite a few people. I know of
> 4 instances (all hindu if that helps) of names being mangled and names being
> deleted amongst my friends. I think it is more to do with improper process
> (and incompetent officials) rather than any bias.

Some people I know are of the opinion that there are corrupt officials
who work with the politicians and delete the names if they suspect that
the votes are going to their opponent. His argument seemed plausible,
but I do not buy it. Has anyone else heard such stuff? Is this true?

> I have stopped reading mainstream newspapers as all they look for nowadays
> is a good "story" - truth be damned. Sad but true.

Don't forget the TV channels. All they want is a straw and they will
sensationalize it. Reminds of a recent sighting on News 9, a Bangalore
based local news channel. They were making a big hue and cry about a
program that was going to be aired later that night that was based on
the news that a woman was growing 'pot' in pots at home. The ad was
sounding as if it was a gruesome mass murder.

Venkat