> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Badri Natarajan <asi...@vsnl.com> wrote:
>>
>> How is my question ad hominem? You made an unsupported assertion and I
>
> Unsupported assertion? In the 26/11 case? I never said Kasab should
> not get a lawyer or get a fair trial or that perjury was committed in
> the 26/11 case.  Before quoting me out of context can you explain how
> you concluded or assumed that my statement on perjury was referring to
> the 26/11 case in particular?

I know you didn't. The unsupported assertion was the statement about how
it is easier to perjure yourself in Indian courts/Indian courts are more
lenient on perjury, or something along those lines.

>> asked if you had any evidence to support it, because it doesn't jibe
>> with
>> my experience. Not because I think Indian courts are better than
>> American
>
> One, everyone does not have the same experiences and as a lawyer if
> you have not experienced it in an Indian court, your client is lucky.
> Two, why should i cite un-related personal cases on an archived list?

The Indian court system is far from perfect - my point is that it is not
possible to make the kind of generalization you did about perjury in India
vs. the US. You don't have to discuss anything personal to you - as I
said, that is your choice. But it is a fact that if you make an assertion
based on personal experience, and then refuse to discuss the personal
experience, then your assertion loses credibility - however justified it
is for you not to discuss your personal cases.

Badri