A company would argue in court that the employee has special skills /
knowledge that is needed for a proper transition, and his breaching the
contract and quitting before 3 months would put the company to severe
detriment. They will also argue that the employee is a graduate who has
understood the consequences of agreeing to a 3-month notice.

I'm not sure if anyone has gone to court to enforce this, but a court may
well decide that this isn't bonded labour because there's no debtor-creditor
relationship here, and the employee entered into a contract with his eyes
wide open.