On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Thaths<tha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tend to start with a bunch of easy questions which have well known
> correct answers to break the ice and gauge the candidate's general
> abilities and then dig deeper into a couple of areas with open ended
> questions with not necessarily one correct answer.
>
> 'What happens when you type www.wikipedia.org?' is a great question.

Interesting I use that question as the start in every interview. I
never get the same answer and I can steer the discussion based on the
candidate's answer. I can dig deep as well as concentrate on certain
parts depending on what position the candidate has applied. I have
seen several experienced people stumble on this question and have them
discover that they do not know as much as they think they do. But it
helps that I work with an Internet focussed company. So YMMV. In
short, I think it is a good icebreaker and open-ended question.

-- Vinayak